Ornamental Quilt

Hello! The summer is winding down and I haven't yet shared one of my quilt finishes this summer. This is the "Ornamental Quilt" from Angela Pingel's book "A Quilter's Mixology."

My Mom was given a large piece of fabric as a gift and she wanted me to use it as a quilt back. We decided on the Ornamental Quilt because its ornament shapes mimic the shapes on the quilt backing. (Plus, it was on my quilty bucket list!)


I quilted the quilt from the back following the shapes on the backing fabric. It was tricky and I did have to use my seam ripper a few times but in the end I am very happy with how it turned out. It took 75 times pushing the quilt through my Juki to quilt it. (Yes, I counted.) I broke it up over a few days and did the dance of joy when the quilting was finished. ;)



I added an extra vertical row to make the quilt double bed sized for my parents' bed. You can see close ups of the blocks on Instagram by clicking here, here and here. :)

This was a fun quilt to make. I really enjoyed choosing the fabric for the blocks from my stash. The background fabric is Essex Yarn Dyed Linen in Espresso. The binding is an orange Michael Miller solid.