A Finished "Spiced Chai" Quilt for A Charity Fundraiser

I have a finished quilt to show you! :) I sewed down the last four feet of binding yesterday morning. This is the "Spiced Chai" quilt from the book "Vintage Quilt Revival." I have wanted to sew this quilt since buying the book (which I highly recommend!) and I have finally done it. This is actually a really quick quilt to make. I started and finished it in about a week.

"Spiced Chai" quilt designed by Katie Clark Blakesley. Pieced and quilted by Anita of Daydreams of Quilts.

The original quilt in the book used all solid greys. I liked that but because I was sewing this for a charity fundraiser I felt that I couldn't order in all new fabrics for it. I had just about enough grey prints in my stash to make the quilt. I ordered the Blueberry Park fabrics from a new online shop here in Alberta called Zoey and Bean Fabrics. (Informational link - not an affiliate)

Here's a close-up of my quilting. I tried swirls for the first time as well as wood grain (left side of the photo). I started out with the wood grain and it quickly became apparent that if I tried to quilt the entire top that way I would be here until next year. So I quilted it as a tree trunk down the middle of the quilt and quilted leaves on the right and swirling bird feathers on the left plus the swirls in the white square. Changing up the quilting motifs was helpful to me in not getting bored. :)

Here it is just after piecing. The blocks are large so the top goes together quickly once you trim all the half square triangles (the most tedious part as always).
This quilt will be in a silent auction at my church this Sunday evening at their spring fundraising dinner. I am on the church board and I showed it to them at last night's meeting and it was very well received. I am so happy. I hope it does well in the auction. Thank you for stopping by my blog today to see it. Linking up with Let's Bee Social!