Christmas in July Projects

If would like to see my Yuma Quilt please click here.

Okay! Hello! It's WIP Wednesday already!? I can't seem to get my baby to take a nap today. Maybe she'll konk out in her playpen while I'm writing this. It's almost 2:00 p.m. though and WIP Wednesday is more than half over so I need to write my blog post quickly. I might be sewing into Thursday tonight at the rate I'm going.

So, without further ado, here is what I am working on this week.

These are the scraps from my Christmas quilt and tree skirt that I have as ongoing projects. Or, WIPs (works in progress). I have had these scraps sitting for two years. I actually threw them in the (clean sewing room) garbage can on Sunday. Then I pulled them out on Monday and sewed them together as they are in the above photo.

Yesterday I pressed them and trimmed them all to 4 1/2 inch squares. Now I have enough to make several of these blocks and I will sew them into a table runner. (Hopefully today!)

I have a backlog of quilts to be quilted and my Christmas quilt is one of them. It's basted and ready to go so I'm going to work on this today (or more likely tonight) too.
 :) Merry Christmas in July!