Cotton + Steel Mini Quilts Swap

My partner in the Cotton + Steel Mini Quilts Swap received her package on Friday so I can safely show what I made for her.

Cotton + Steel mini made for the Cotton + Steel Mini Quilt Swap using Fat Quarter Shop's "Snapshots" sew along Sewing Machine Block.
Here it is! I used the Fat Quarter Shop's Snapshots Quilt Along Block 2 Sewing Machine Block for my mini quilt. I used the matches fabric because I thought it looked like lights on a screen of a modern computerized sewing machine. I stitched in a little needle with black thread and wrote "I just want to sew all day long" in thread as well. All fabrics are Cotton + Steel including the backing. I didn't take a shot of the back but it's the mint with metallic gold dots. It was Melody Miller's border print from the first group of lines they released.

I also put in skeins of embroidery floss as my partner embroiders, some charm squares of Cotton + Steel "Cookie Book", a Lindt chocolate bar, and a thimble and post card from the town I live in. Oh, and a zipper pouch I made Cotton + Steel "Mesa" fabric. It was a fun swap. Can't wait for my package to arrive! :)

If you haven't heard of Fat Quarter Shop's Snapshots Quilt Along it's a fun quilt along they are hosting that benefits St. Jude's Children's Hospital in the USA. For each block pattern you download (there are 12, one for each month) they are asking for a $5.00 (minimum) donation to St. Jude's. I donate $10 every two months. I think some people have also donated $60.00 at the start and then they are set. Of course, if you are able to donate more you certainly can. St. Jude's sends tax receipts out in the mail for the donations.

Six blocks have been released and there is a Facebook group as well as Instagram hashtags (#fqssnapshots) for showing off your work and seeing what everyone else made. I have made 4 blocks so far out of the 6 that have been released. I need to catch up!

This mini quilt was in my Q2 Finish Along goals. Yay! Another finish. Since the second quarter of the year ends in two days I think there will be quite a few projects carried over!

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side