Being Charming is a Plus

I wrote a quilt pattern! It's a beginner quilter and charm pack friendly modern quilt pattern that has two versions of one quilt.

I love to buy charm packs and buy them whenever I can. Then they sit and sit in my stash because I'm not sure what to do with them and I don't want to waste them. I wrote this pattern to solve this problem for myself and I'm sure I can't be the only quilter in this situation.

Version 1 of "Being Charming is a Plus" uses 180 charm squares (or 4 1/2 charm packs). I made this quilt out of "Sweet Serenade" by Basic Grey for Moda.

"Being Charming is a Plus" version 1 using 180 charm squares.
 Version 2 uses 60 charm squares and solid yardage. I had two "Canadian Maple Squares" packs of "Cookie Book" by Cotton + Steel. These charm packs from Trend Tex Fabrics contain repeats of prints so I was able to create this quilt with just two charm packs and still had charms left to share with my swap partner in the "Cotton + Steel Mini Quilt Swap." (More on that swap here on the blog tomorrow.
"Being Charming is a Plus" version 2 using 60 charm squares and solid yardage.

One Quilt, Two Ways.
(My husband and son with their heads peeking out from the top of the quilts.)
 My pattern offers two version of one quilt design plus additional ideas and sizing options. These quilts are throw sized at about 48" x 60".

This little cat crashed my quilt photo shoot. Clearly the cat knows a good quilt when he/she sees one. ;)

"Being Charming is a Plus" is now available on Payhip, Craftsy and Etsy.
This pattern is easy to sew and beginner friendly. An experienced quilter can easily piece one of these tops in a day (as I did). If you can sew a straight quarter inch seam on a sewing machine you can make these quilts!

"Being Charming is a Plus" can be found on Payhip, Craftsy and Etsy.