Very Cherry Swap and Canuck B-day Club Instagram Swaps

I have been happily sewing to get some of my swaps out in the mail before the birth of my baby. Today I would like to show you some of the things I made that went in the mail this past week.

First up is the "Very Cherry Swap" items for an Instagram swap I am participating in.

These are the items I put into a box to sent to my swap partner in Ontario. The mini quilt in the foreground is the main item. I made yo-yos for the cherries and leaves. My new Brother sewing machine does fancy little decorative stitches so I used the machine to put the little hearts all around the border.

The tea towel also has yo-yo cherries. I made a little scissor fob and added some little craft supplies in the zip lock bags.

I got out my embroidery book "Little Stitches" by Aneela Hoey and used the cherry pattern for this adorable pin cushion and needle book. (I made an extra embroidery to turn into a pin cushion for myself.)

Of course there was candy too. Cherry Nibs!
 I am part of a "Canuck B-day Club" on Instagram as well. We are a group of 10 Canadians and each month has a different birthday girl. We all make and buy gifts for that person each month. When it's our own birthday month the gifts come to us. This is what I sent to the September birthday girl. I made the pin cushion and zipper pouch on the lower left as well as all the sewing themed cards. The rest of the items are purchased.
The embroidery patterns were from "Little Stitches" again. The card making supplies were from Stampin' Up.

I adore how these turned out! Once again I stitched extras so I could make items for myself but of course my items are not completed.

This little pin cushion is stuffed with fibre fill on the left so it doesn't show through the white fabric and then crushed walnut shells on the right side. The twill tape says "My hobby is knitting and handcrafts." Is that little embroidered sewing machine not the cutest!? I've had the book for two years and just now I finally made some of the things in it.

And this is the little zipper pouch. I am very happy with how well the embroidery turned out. I think the September birthday girl is going to love it! I can't wait to see what she thinks. Her package should be delivered today.
Besides these I have also sewn projects for two Halloween Instagram swaps but I'll save those for another post closer to Halloween. Now I am back to sewing for baby! I made two receiving blankets on Wednesday and a quilt top yesterday. So today I will be finishing the quilt. Happy sewing everyone! :)