Back in the Saddle Again

I've had that Aerosmith song stuck in my head today... "I'm back. I'm back in the saddle again." Can't you just here Steven Tyler's voice? Anyway, my crafting studio is now up and running and fully functional minus my two glass top tables as I still need to order the tressle legs for those. (Now I'm singing "I Want Money" in my head. Just kidding!) I am so happy to be able to get "back in the saddle" and back to work on my projects.

 I have my Bloom Bloom Pow quilt pin basted and ready for hand quilting. This is my second time hand quilting (first time was 9 years ago) so I'll let you know how it goes. I want each bloom to be quilted with thread that more or less matches its colours so this is the perfect opportunity to try out all those Aurifil threads I bought on sale last month. I figured it would be easier to just hand quilt it than to keep changing the threads in the machine. Plus, it will be a nice project as fall comes on.
I have the binding sewn onto the Baby Love quilt so I am ready to start hand sewing that down now too. Both of these projects were quilt-a-longs and I still have my "String of Pearls" quilt to finish piecing too. Quilt-a-longs are fun but they do seem to generate a lot of U.F.O.s.

I'm also working on a secret project of my own design so I'll fill you in on that one when I can.

I painted a couple of little wall cabinets that I've had for years. I finally came to the realisation that I will probably never tole paint them as I originally intended. (I haven't tole painted in years.) I decided to paint them up in my favourite Martha Stewart paint turquoise colour. I plan to rough them up a bit with sand paper and maybe rubber stamp on them too so I'll write a blog post on them when they're finished. I think they will work out well for holding my growing thread collection.

In life news: I landed a part time job and have an interview for a full time one this week. Fingers crossed because it's a job I trained for in school. My kids are heading off to their first day of school at their new school on Thursday and for my daughter it's her first day of Kindergarten. I got my son registered for hockey and the registration for dance for my little girl is next week. I'm going to be busy! :) Fortunately, with our new posting, my husband is expected to be home every night. (We'll see!)

I am sad to see summer go but fall is a lovely time of year too. Is everyone else out there wrapping up summer projects and getting ready for fall? Or in the southern hemisphere getting excited for spring? The change of seasons is refreshing, isn't it?