Baby Love Quilt

This is my quilt top for the "Baby Love" quilt - the third quilt in the Simply Retro quilt along. I started this quilt yesterday morning and had all the blocks pieced by 2:00. Then I had to stop and get ready for work so I finished the top this morning. I had planned to show you a completed quilt but the backing needs a quick wash before I put it all together. I am in the middle of working seven days in a row for our city's summer fair so I thought I'd go with the quilt top photos in case I don't get finished in time for the quilt along deadline.

 I trimmed my half square triangles but I still had trouble when it came to piecing. I was wishing I hadn't trimmed them by the end. I managed to fix most of the problems in the seam allowance and didn't wind up chopping off too many of the triangle points. It was frustrating though.

This is where I was in the process yesterday morning after I finished cutting my pieces.

The charm squares I am using are from the fabric line "Simplicity" by 3 Sisters for Moda. I especially like the text prints.
 
That's my "Baby Love" quilt. I don't think I will be able to sew the next quilt in the book called "Vintage" during the quilt along because our move is less than three weeks away and life is getting a bit crazy. I am linking this post with the Simply Retro quilt along. There is a button on my button bar if you want to join in or see the other quilts. It might start getting quiet here on my blog as the move looms closer. I will be wishing I was quilting the whole time though. :)