Lorax Quilt #2 (Bright Version) is Finally Finished!

Today is a happy day for me because I have finally finished my second Lorax Quilt. This one is for my seven-year-old son's bed. The first one was for my three-year-old daughter's bed. So here it is in the bright colour-story.

I started this quilt in June and had meant to have it finished in the summer but as you can clearly see in the photo it is now fall and the leaves are coming down on this warm day at the end of September. I have already put the quilt in the washing machine and when my son comes home from school it will be all fresh and crinkly and up on his bed ready for him to sleep under. He will be so happy as he has waited patiently for a long time for his quilt.
 This is the backing fabric and the binding. All of the fabrics are 100% organic cotton.
Here is a close-up of the star of the quilt: Dr. Seuss' "The Lorax". I love the message of environmentalism in this story and in the new movie.
I adore how the multi-coloured thread looks on the white as well as on the grey background of this panel. This is "King Tut" 100% Egyptian Cotton thread. The thread colour is "Primary". I am very pleased with how this thread looks on the quilt. I bought it at a quilt shop in the mountains in Canmore, Alberta near Banff on summer vacation and was pretty sure it would work but didn't have any fabric swatches with me. It is hard to see in this little photo on the blog but the thread is variegated and goes from red, to green, to blue to yellow in bright primary colours.

Now I am on to the next quilt which will be a lap quilt for my Grandma's 89th birthday. I better get sewing because her birthday is in November. Thanks for stopping by to see my latest completed project.