Purple and Turquoise "Pixel Heart in a Pixel Heart Quilt" Wedding Gift for my Cousin

Hi! I have been waiting a few days for the winds to subside here but to no avail. There have been several wind and rain storms moving through and I had to get this wedding gift wrapped up because the wedding is in two days! So here we are again in the sheltered corner of our back deck shooting quilt photos. :)

Purple and Turquoise Pixel Heart in a Pixel Heart Quilt made by Anita LaHay of Daydreams of Quilts.

You may have seen this post where I showed you the matching throw pillows I made to go with this quilt. And here is the finished quilt! This quilt was made with my Pixel Heart in a Pixel Heart Quilt Pattern.  (Pattern can also be found on Etsy and Craftsy... links in sidebar or search for Daydreams of Quilts.)

One of the main wedding colours is Purple so that is what I started with. I was trying to make the quilt all purple with a purple low volume background but I was not liking that and couldn't make headway on it. When I changed my plans to a turquoise background it was all happiness over here and I had the quilt top together in one day.


I used Lizzy House mini pearl bracelets and butterflies for the borders and mini pearl bracelets in purple for the binding. Many of the interior fabrics are from Kate Spain's Horizon line.


I used Tula Pink Free Fall wide backing for the back. It is so soft to the touch!


I am so pleased with how this turned out and I hope my cousin and his soon-to-be wife love it! :) Thank you for stopping by to see it.