Quilted Handmade Canadian Flag Pillows

Hi! Oh my goodness! My husband has been working insane hours at work and has not been around to help me at home. He is a soldier so I should be used to this but the past few years he has had fairly normal working hours and helps me a lot with the kids so I can sew. I got up at 6:00 a.m. yesterday to work on these pillows so I could get them finished before the kids woke up.

 It was worth getting up so early because I got them finished! Yay!

I received an email last week from a woman who saw my Canada Day pillow on Pinterest. It's one of my top five pins. She was inquiring about possibly having me make one for her. That pillow is quite huge so it is expensive and was not in the price range she was looking at. I wrote her back and said I would make up some sample pillows and send her some photos. So these are the samples.



These pillow are available to order from my website and from Etsy.


I used green painting tape called "Frog Tape" to mark off the pillows for quilting so I could get perfect cross hatches on them.


I made one out of Kona solids. The rest are prints with white Kona and Essex Yarn Dyed Linen.


These pillows are ready for the big party on Canada Day, July 1st, and Canada's big 150th birthday!


We are excited for Canada Day this year and also for the first day of Spring tomorrow! Happy Spring! :)