Anna Maria Horner Butterfly Effect Quilt Finish

Hooray! I have a Friday finish! This is a birthday gift for my sister. If you are my sister "avert yer eyes!" ;) I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog too often but I could be wrong.

This quilt was made with my small collection of Anna Maria Horner fabrics, mostly from the Pretty Potent line but also one feather print and one grey from her newer Skipping Stones line. The grey background is a Free Spirit solid. The binding is Kona Charcoal.

Here it is all fresh and crinkly from the wash. The pattern I used is "Butterfly Effect" from the book "Fabulously Fast Quilts" by Amy Smart.



This is the back pieced from fabrics left after the front was pieced. I like this because you can really see the larger prints well where you just get glimpses of them on the front. It is pouring rain here today so my son and I took these photos under the cover of our front porch. Sadly, no scenic quilt photos today.

I quilted each block with a big flower. I originally thought I would just do three petals on each grey piece but I felt the strip triangles needed stabilizing too so I went with big flowers.