Instagram Halloween Swap Projects

I have been having so much fun joining swaps over on Instagram. Sewing for someone you don't know is a fun challenge. It's also exciting because the other person also sews and/or quilts so you know they will truly appreciate all the work you put in to your projects.

This is what I made for the Kawaii Halloween swap. Kawaii is Japanese for "cute" so our swap items had to be cute (not scary.) I made these adorable zombies. If you want to make some too there is a free tutorial here.


I used fabric from the Riley Blake "Zombie Apocalypse" line for my zombies. The blush on her cheeks was done by rubbing a crafting sponge onto a red ink stamp pad, blotting most of the ink off on paper and then carefully rubbing her cheeks in little circles. I made the skull zipper pouch with the skull fabric from the Geekly Chic line. I'm not sure of the name of the spider web fat quarters that I put in the package. I also made some little greeting cards with white flocked pumpkins with my Stampin' Up supplies.


Sorry, this image is a little blurry. I was in a rush to get these packed up and out to the post office on the mailing deadline day. Our post office closes at 3:00 p.m.! I hope my partner will love these as much as I do. I made a set for myself too! (And also some for my Aunt who saw them on my Facebook page and wanted some for her Halloween collection. It really was a Zombie Apocalypse in my craft room!)

The photo below is what I made for the Trick or Treat Halloween swap on Instagram. It was harder to "stalk" my partner as her Instagram account was not available to me but I found her on Flickr and she had this little bat in her feed. I clicked through to the tutorial to get the pattern to make him. If you want to make one you can find the tutorial here. Everyone in the swap was told to make a bag using this tutorial. The drawstring bag was easy. The paper pieced bat was not so easy (for me) but I made it through. I messed up and put a background piece where his tummy should be so I just filled it in with embroidery stitches and now he has a fuzzy belly. :)

This swap partner only wanted sewing notions in her treat bag so I hope what I bought for her is to her liking. I made a skull zipper pouch again here and small skull Halloween cards too with metallic silver embossing.

Whew! So relieved to have these out in the mail. I can't wait for my own swap packages to come in. :)