Well, here it is almost 9:00 p.m. and I am finally writing my WIP Wednesday post. I started quilting my "String of Pearl's" quilt from a Quilt Along that happened a year ago over at Christa Quilts (check for it under her Tutorials tab.)
My String of Pearls quilt on the machine.
All was going well until I had to change the bobbin. I must have wound the bobbin incorrectly because I spent an hour trying to get the machine going again. I tried everything. Cleaning, oiling, changing the needle, re-threading. I was just about ready to cry from frustration so I posted a picture on Instagram and my friends over there advised me to wind another bobbin. That worked! So I was back in business. I now have the quilt quilted and the binding sewn to the front. I was hand sewing the binding down and am about halfway through but I had to come hang out here in the basement because I was just getting too hot! It's 30 degrees Celsius today plus I am seven months pregnant and then sitting under a quilt to sew binding. It was a bit much. So that is today's WIP (work in progress).
Now, here are some finishes. First up is my projects from Monday. I sewed my daughter and her Maplelea Doll matching sundresses with Tula Pink's racoon fabric. I also sewed a matching bucket hat for my daughter too. The hat and dress patterns were both free patterns on the Oliver + S website. There's a photo of her in the hat and dress with her doll over on my Instagram feed. Click on the Instagram icon in my mason jars to find me over there. :)
And last week I sewed up three baby quilts for my Etsy shop (link also in the Mason jars on the right.) So here's a quick look at those.
So that's a bit of what I've been up to. There are also photos of some individual blocks for various projects on my Instagram and Facebook feeds. Thanks for visiting my blog today. I am linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.