A Happy Day At The Post Office!

Look what came in the mail for me today! Nine yards of "Sew Stitchy" by Aneela Hoey for Moda. (I got two yards of the aqua pins on top of the pile as that was the minimum cut on that one. No complaints here.) I am thrilled to bits! Firstly, let me say, that I did check with my local quilt shop for this fabric but they did not order it and did not seem interested in getting it in for me. So I naturally went to the Fat Quarter Shop's website and they did have the whole line. I had other things to order first and I was beginning to fear I would miss out on buying these fabrics when somehow by a miracle I stumbled upon them in the sale section a couple of months later. $ 4.30 a yard! That's less than what we pay for a fat quarter here in Canada. Even with the $20 shipping charge it's still an amazing deal especially since I can't even find it here! I could hardly click things into my shopping cart fast enough. ;) Bonus, it got here in 11 days!


The fabrics above are just too adorable to me for words. A closer shot below shows some of the little birds on some of the fabrics.


I can't say enough good things about the Fat Quarter Shop. They have never let me down. And when they have sales the prices are amazing.


I had ordered the two "chain stitch" fabrics and the aqua "cross stitch" fabric plus two yards of the quilt panels a month before for $5.38 a yard. So now I have 15 yards for a fraction of what they were when the line first came out. Sometimes it's worth the wait.


Sorry my lighting is not the best for my photos. A thunder storm was rolling in just as I was unpacking these. Now it is pouring rain so I cannot got out to mow the lawn. This means I can sit and look at my fabrics and my August 2013 issue of "American Patchwork and Quilting" that came in the mail today too. Oh, happy day! (Can you tell I'm crushed not to be doing the yard work?) I don't even have to feel guilty because I was virtuous this morning and cleaned my house all morning. Two hours of that was cleaning my 4 year old daughter's room. Why do small children like to mish mash all their toys into one big mess (I call it toy soup)? I have admonished her once again for creating a mess that took her mother so long to clean up. She has promised to put her toys away when she is finished with them. So we'll see how long that lasts... I'm betting 24 hours.

Perhaps I will have a quick peruse of my magazine and then I will bake cupcakes for my daughter's piano recital this evening. It will have to be indoors in her piano teacher's house since the weather is not cooperating. We had all hoped to be out in her beautiful back yard. Once the cupcakes are done I can settle in for a good read. I will resist rolling around in my fabrics as if I won the lottery as that will create folding and ironing. ;)