Charity Baby Quilt

Here is a sweet little baby quilt that I whipped up. It literally only took about three hours to make.
I used one charm square pack of "Summersville" by Lucie Summers for Moda. The quilt is on one of those little kids chairs from IKEA to give you an idea of the size. I made one of this size for my babies and they are so great for travelling in vehicles and strollers. Crib sized ones drag on the stroller wheels and can be cumbersome so I found my little one got a lot of use.
I think little babies will find these prints very interesting to look at. Especially the black and white ones for very new babies. I love the little houses and trees. There's even a little Tudor style building on what looks like  Main Street.
I machine sewed the binding. This was my second try at this technique and it turned out much better. I learned that it works best if you trim the batting and backing right to the edge of the quilt top. Then you are sure not to get any stitches in the binding when you are sewing on the back. This quilt will be given to a charity collection of baby items at my church.