Knitting Success

I just started knitting in January and received many nice balls of yarn for my birthday from my parents who also knit. I wasn't sure what to do with them so I went on a website called Ravelry www.ravelry.com and found a free pattern called Summerlin. If those of you reading this also knit the designer has a free PDF of the pattern at www.KathrynIvy.com Anyway, this is only the third knitting project I have completed but I am quite proud of it. The photos below are of my daughter (with crazy hair) modeling her new dress.
I knitted the bodice with 100% cotton yarn and the skirt is sewn with quilting cotton. The fabric is "Gypsy Rose" by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda.
This is the back. I added a pottery button that I bought from a potter in New Brunswick when we lived there for a few years. So I am feeling braver in the knitting department and might try something even more challenging next. :)